What's Changed (Q & A and Groups)?
On January 20, 2010, we added two new features to MicroMentor:
- Groups: Create or join a group to network and share resources with people who have a common interest, such as your industry, your hometown, or an organization that you belong to.
- Questions and Answers (Q & A): Get quick answers to your pressing business questions from our network of mentors and experienced entrepreneurs, or answer questions and share your expertise with others.
MicroMentor Navigation Changes:
To accommodate these new features, the navigation on the website has been expanded and modified. There are now five main tabs:
- My Home - From this tab you will be able to see all of your own activity. My Dashboard shows important messages and alerts, along wtih snapshot information about your Mentoring Activity, Q & A, and Groups; and you can click into My Mentoring Activity, My Q & A, and My Groups for more details in each area. You can also edit your Profile & Contact Settings from the My Home tab.
- Mentoring - All mentoring activity can be accessed from this tab. From here you can create a mentoring request, search for open mentoring requests, and search for mentors.
- Groups - From the Groups tab you can create a group or search for groups that you might be interested in joining.
- Q & A - From the Q & A tab you can Ask and Answer Questions, and also Search Answers to the questions that others have posted.
- People - From here you can search for entrepreneurs and mentors by name, industry, expertise, and languages spoken.
Has My Profile Changed?
Your public profile hasn't changed - entrepreneur and mentor profiles have remained exactly the same. However, your public profile page will now also link to your Q & A and your Groups.
Why does My Home page look different?
The My Dashboard page has changed to accommodate the new features. You will now be able to see snapshot information about your Mentoring Requests and Mentoring Relationships, your Q & A, and the Groups that you've joined from the My Dashboard page. The snapshot information on the My Dashboard page is just the starting point; we'll provide you with handy links to My Mentoring Activity, My Q & A, and My Groups where you can dig deeper into your information.
Can I Opt Out?
Yes, we'll be sorry to see you go, but if you would like to discontinue your participation in MicroMentor, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject heading Opt Out.