Business Mentoring Resources
Business Mentoring is not rocket science. However, successful mentoring relationships do require motivation, trust, and practice. As you embark on your mentoring journey, MicroMentor will be here every step of the way to support you.
Is mentoring right for me?
- Mentoring is counsel, advice, and support provided by experienced entrepreneurs to emerging entrepreneurs in a structured relationship.
- A few qualities go a long way while mentoring entrepreneurs.
- Both entrepreneurs and business mentors benefit greatly from a voluntary, supportive relationship.
How do I get matched?
- Writing a compelling profile is one of the most important ways to find a successful mentoring relationship on MicroMentor.
- Once you have created a profile and articulated a vision of what you would like to get out of a mentoring relationship, you are ready to find a business mentor.
- Now that you have created your mentor profile, it is time to find an entrepreneur that is asking for your help right now!
How do I have a meaningful relationship?
Your first conversation
- Your first conversation should lay ground rules, explore key questions critical to the success of the relationship, and create a roadmap for future interaction.
For Entrepreneurs >>
For Mentors >>
Best practices while mentoring
- Mentoring relationships do not always go according to plan. Here are ways to best address issues as they arise.
Anything else I need to know?
- Distance mentoring can pose special challenges as mentors and mentees communicate by phone and e-mail.
- Business Mentoring is a rich topic with a wealth of free information available online.
Did we miss something? Let us know how we can improve our resources for entrepreneurs and business mentors.