I have seven major challenges, which cover all the areas of expertise I selected above
1. How to understand and reach out to my target audience.
2. Making sales from my products and services that cover all my expenses and give massive profits.
3. Advertising on social media platforms and other ways to get clients.
4. Getting clients that are willing and ready to pay for my products and services.
5. Pricing my products and services rightly.
6. Getting the right staff to work with me, knowing that I'm a startup, we clocked 1 year old this year.
7. Opening the physical location to start training and getting more clients and customers there.
8. Connecting with individuals and organisations that have similar vision with ours.
Actions I’ve taken so far
I've enrolled in courses (virtually) to learn customer service.
I make researches on advertising on social media.
I've registered the business to make it official.
I currently have four staff, though undergraduates. The challenge for them is how to balance both studies and work.
My future goals
To train not less than 500 people every year.
To make profit in hundreds of dollars within two years.
To have a stable staff.
To have commenced the physical location by 2022.
To partner with international organizations to train on skills, and related fields.
My motivations to work with a mentor
I have been looking for a mentor who'll guide me rightly to achieving my dreams of impacting lives.
About my venture
STANDARD SKILLS ACADEMY
We train youths and children on technical, vocational, and soft skills for their development, generation of steady income and creation of job opportunities. We also train staff of organizations on technical and soft skills for both staff and organization's advancement. The Academy is registered with CAC, SMEDAN and FIRS. We began during the lockdown and have been very operational online, we are yet to commence operations in a physical venue, though working towards getting a physical office. As the founder of the Academy, I work from home (I'm a nursing mother of two), and have four staff - all undergraduate students.