I initially worked in ocean transportation in the UK. This took me to Indonesia and subsequently the United States.
Following my MBA, I worked as a consultant and subsequently in larger companies before becoming an Executive (GM/President/CEO) of a series of companies that provided engineered products and services on a B2B basis. These companies were $100M to $200M in Sales and I had a broad span of responsibilities. I typically worked coaching Business Unit GM's and managing the company's relationship with the business' sponsors.
I was actively involved in the sale of two of the businesses on behalf of the owners.
I now seek to share this experience to the benefit of other business owners and communities.
How to work with me
What I can offer
My key strengths are in acting as a sounding board to business unit leaders to think through:
- the strategic direction of their business
- how to build strong and empowered teams
- how to systematically solve problems and negotiate solutions
My expectations for a successful mentoring relationship
My expectations are that a successful entrepreneur and mentor relationship will be built on the mutual respect of different life and business experiences. This partnership will result in superior decision-making and contribute to the success of the entrepreneur's business.
- the entrepreneur will bring key issues up for discussion and be open to use the mentor as someone to bounce ideas off.
- the mentor will embrace the role of being an effective listener and leverage their business experience to support the success of the entrepreneur
How entrepreneurs can prepare before we start
The entrepreneur should be able to articulate the issue and have developed a hypothesis as to the solution, ideally supported by data.
The mentor needs to invest the time to understand the entrepreneur's business and the context of the specific decision under discussion.