Setting Marketing Goals ...................................... If your someone is going to meet his/her marketing goals, you need to create a clear plan that outlines what you want to achieve, why it is important, how to achieve it and how to measure success. The most important tips to consider when setting marketing goals include: • Determine who on the team is responsible for setting goals and tracking progress.
• Make sure your marketing goals match the company's broader strategic goals.
• Set goals you can measure, so you can determine whether your efforts have been successful.
• Use historical data, such as the past month or year's performance, to set current goals.
• Set short-term and small goals, in addition to long-term and major goals, to keep your team motivated and feeling like they are constantly achieving objectives.
• Set key performance indicators so you know which metrics to evaluate.
• Measure marketing results weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually so you can track progress, compare data over time and quickly make adjustments.
Finally, Clearly state each marketing goal for your business using a template such as: The marketing team will reach [number] [metric] or increase [metric] by [number] by [date] or every [time span].